French Pharmacy Beauty Products

French women are known for their classic style and beautiful skin, and it's totally true. There are so many chic women that wear very little makeup but somehow have glowing skin. In trying to crack the secret to French beauty, I asked a few chic co-workers what their go-to beauty products are, and surprisingly most of them can be picked up at the pharmacy, not Sephora (which is a Parisian store, of course). My mom also sent me this interesting read about French pharmacy buys. Apparently City Pharma in St. Germain is the largest drugstore and go-to place to shop for beauty products in Paris. We swung by last weekend and it was absolutely hectic - the store was packed with tons of Parisians and tourists alike. Here are a few of the products I picked up:
1. Bioderma Créaline - a gentle water-based makeup cleanser that is popular amongst models (well on my way, y'all). A huge bottle is around 10 Euros. Let me tell you, this is hands down the most gentle makeup remover I've ever used. It's water-based, so it's not greasy like other removers I've used. My skin has been super dry from traveling, so I've actually been using this in lieu of washing my face at night and it still feels really clean. 
2. Klorane Dry Shampoo - the most popular brand of dry shampoo in France. I received a travel version in my Birchbox a few months ago, but I wanted to give it another go. The jury is still out for me with this product. I am pretty fond of my Batiste Dry Shampoo and the smell of Klorane is pretty strong. I can smell it throughout the day, which I don't love. I'll use it throughout the rest of my time in Europe and see if I change my mind.
3. Embryolisse - a thick moisturizer that you can apply day and night. This comes in a few different sizes but the largest tube will run you about 16 Euros. From what I can tell, it will last you several months. I love this product. Again, my skin is on the dryer side, and Embryolisse is super moisturizing and my skin soaks it up. It was hesitant at first, because it sort of smells like an old lady lotion, but the smell doesn't stick around for long. Will be stockpiling this before leaving!
4. Eau Thermale Avène - water spray/mist to keep your skin hydrated during the day. I really like this product so far - it's really soothing. Also, I have red cheeks and it reduces the flare ups, so I try to apply it first thing when I get out of the shower before I moisturize. 

I'm looking forward to trying a few more products before leaving and bringing them back with me! :)

[Source of Marion Cotillard photo here].

0 comments: